Sunday, September 26, 2010
And they all lived happily ever after . . . FINALLY!
Finally, after about three weeks of reading, I was able to finish Rocket Boys. My previous blog post was written in the midst of my reading, and I gave it some pretty harsh criticism (not to mention, a 1 star on shelfari, which I felt it barely even deserved.) However, I read the final 60 pages straight in one sitting, and found that I actually enjoyed the ending. It focuses much more on statistics and the actual name of the book: Rocket Boys. I decided that if the whole book was more like these last 60 pages, I would rate it more like a three star book. But since this phenomenon lasted only a small portion of the whole book, I think I will keep the rating at a one, or possibly a two. Overall, I was not very impressed, and would probably not suggest it, although I would suggest the movie. Now that I have finished reading Rocket Boys, instead of feeling the satisfaction you get after reading many books, I feel an overpowering sense of relief. Now I can start on my huge list of books I plan to read. And once I finished, that's just what I did. Last night I went up to Salt Lake to see a Real Salt Lake game (I really enjoyed it, even though the top score of either team was 1 point,) and also went to my Grandpa's birthday, and my dad's annual work party. And throughout much of it, I carried with me one thing: Suzanne Collin's The Hunger Games. I have decided that this book is the first thing I will read, now that I have escaped The Reader's Block. Even though I feel like I should probably start reading The Chosen, I really think I need some good fantasy and science fiction. I have read The Hunger Games several times before, and in fact, I was one of the first people I know to do so, when I saw it after reading Suzanne Collin's other series, Gregor the Overlander. I am rereading it just for the pure joy of reading such an entertaining and exciting novel, and so that I can have freshly read it before endulging in the third book of the trilogy, Mockingjay, which I have been waiting for for some time. I am so excited to read it! Well, at the end of this blog post, I just want to thank all of those that have participated in my blog by "following" it, answering the discussion poll (if you have not yet answered, scroll down to the bottom of the blog to submit your answer,) and reading my blog posts. I think it is really cool to see what everyone is doing, and to get feedback on various things. I also love to read all of your blogs, and some of you have done really amazing things with them. I am following several of them including Time and Time (an AMAZINGLY written blog by Bradley Richmond,) and The Ninja's Dojo (an interesting and visually exciting blog by JR Oldham.) Thanks for all the support. Hopefully my next blog entry will be on Mockingjay. ( - :
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment