Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Beginning of Fourth Term Insanity

It's funny how fast things have been going lately. I mean, during school, it feels pretty slow, but now things seem to have flown by. Science Olympiad Nationals is in about 2 weeks! Not to mention all of my homework to get down. There is so much to do, and only a few weeks to get everything done. Well, it has been a pretty good week. In Optics on Monday, my partner and I got the laser shoot down to a science. We have gotten very fast, and pretty accurate. On Wednesday, at mutual, we played "human foosball." It is like regular foosball, but the people playing are like the little players in the actual game. Everyone holds onto a pipe and kicks a giant bouncy ball into the opposing team's goal. That was pretty fun. Also on Wednesday, I had Junkyard Challenge practice, and we built ramps out of the typical supplies. Toothpicks, popsicle sticks, string, cups, plates, tennis balls, golf balls, paper, tape, etc. We had a pretty nice one, but I think we may use a different design at nationals. After school I had Write it Do it practice. lI described a variety of models, including some craft models and a lego house (which was insane.) On Friday, we had the waffle party in Spanish class (we got to do it because of winning the state trophy.) I only got one waffle, because I was preparing for Carter's map test. After school, I built the next in the bottle rocket line, which took a few hours, but it did look pretty cool. On Saturday, we had a chance to test the rockets. Mine didn't get a record or anything, but it did really well, and I learned a lot from it. After bottle rockets, I practiced piano, then my Grandpa came up and we worked on the tower event. We have a tower that is going to be super light, and we also have a jig to build it on. We got about half of it done in a  few hours. That was pretty good. But there is still plenty left to do. I am preparing for the insanity of fourth term, mixed with the insanity of national olympiad. It is going to be a lot. Eight classes, and five events. And as far as homework, I still have the Dyar's Woad project in Cobia, and her plant indoor project as well. So, plenty to look forward too. I hope that, with this good weather, the snow may have finally passed. It looks like this week might be clear of snow, but you never know. Especially in Utah. Of course, when it ends, that also marks the start of yard work, but there are plenty of other great things in the summer. Frisbee (then I will have a chance to try out my new frisbee,) swimming, and we might go to California this summer which will be so cool. Though it seems like insanity until the end of the school year, I have to say that I am excited too.


summer-flower.png

No comments:

Post a Comment