Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Bizarre Week

This week has been so awful, and so great. Really, it has been bizarre. On Monday morning, I wake up to a very nice surprise. I had dropped a full letter grade in Algebra II. I knew that I had done badly on the test, because I had not been able to finish it, but I did not know I had done this badly. I think that overall, this is probably the low point of my week. This one grade is all that is keeping me from achieving a 4.0 GPA. Just to give you an idea of what went on this week that has made it so crazy, here are some pros and cons. Pros: Reading the Hunger Games, going to the school orchestra concert at Davis High School, working on a really cool Spanish project (get ready to be amazed, friends in Spanish III,) getting some really stressful projects out of the way, and a lot of other things.
Cons: Dropped a letter grade in Algebra II, did three Reflections contest entries the day before they were due, did this crazy thing with my Science Olympiad application, had to write my name one hundred times in Biology, and a few other things.
Really, it has been quite a hectic week, but the weekend has been pretty nice and relaxing (besides a 3 page front and back worksheet assignment in Algebra II.) Still, it has been one of the most welcome weekends I can ever remember. I think that this is mainly due to the sudden downpour of rain, and the trees changing color. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the change of weather that comes with the changing colors of the leaves, but it is so beautiful outside. I think that the rain is so amazing, too. Some associate rain with sadness and mourning, but I love the rain. I love to read by the window in the rain, run around outside in the rain, and plenty of other things. In a word, I think that rain is kind of refreshing. Another great thing of this week (as mentioned above) is that I have been reading, and have almost finished The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. It has been slow work, because I have been really busy, but I enjoy every moment I'm reading it. I am almost finished and am excited to start Catching Fire, and the Mockingjay. I have high hopes for the last week of the term. I hope I can get my math grade up significantly, I hope the Spanish project turns out all right, I hope a lot, and plan to do a lot. It is going to be a big week. Now that the term is almost over, I am thinking a lot about my plans for next term. I think things are only going to get more stressful with pages of the actual yearbook due, an A to get in Algebra II, and plenty of other things. But, even though things don't look like they are going to be simple for next term, I still think that it can be great. I have some classes that I really enjoy. Yearbook, English, Spanish, and I even occasionally enjoy Algebra II, because I find it so interesting (even though I am definitely not happy with my grade.) I really hope that next term goes well, though. Once again, thanks to everyone who reads my blog. I try to read a lot of different blogs, and I am amazed at what some of you can do. If you haven't responded to the poll at the bottom of my blog, please do so by the end of this term, when I will be changing the question and posting the results. Thanks for all the comments too, they make this blog so much cooler.

2 comments:

  1. Algebra 2 is INSANITY, but Mrs. Corry told me something very reassuring. Aparently, according to her, this year is the most hectic and work-filled year of math. Once we finish this year, we are basically out of the woods, and things will get much easier. Take Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the complement about orchestra, I didn't know quite how well it went while I was playing but everyone says it was great and they loved it! Math is pain, and math has taken over my life, well math and cello. I'm so sorry for you and your letter drop but this comment above mine is really heartening. I hope it's true!

    ReplyDelete