Tuesday, June 21, 2011

DXC


Well, it is obvious that I haven’t been posting every week, but though the Honors English requirement has ended, I will try and post from time to time to keep the blog up to date this summer. Today’s post topic: Davis Cross Country. The reason I have been running 6 in every 7 days for two weeks or so. I have so much to work toward. Some of my goals with cross-country are following the intense training schedule. Usually it is at least four miles a day. Every day. I’m also trying to speed up my 5k time. I ran it the other day at 7.2 MPH consistently. So about a 26:30 minute 5k time. To be seriously competitive in the DXC world, I’m going to have to get that up to more like going at a 12.4 MPH constant for more like a time of 15:30. So I have a long ways to go. At least I am running almost every day. My other goal is to be able to finish (with a reasonable time) a 15k in San Diego in a few weeks when we will be going up on a vacation. Yeah, fun stuff for a vacation, but I intend to still run 6 in 7 days, even on vacation. It stinks to miss a day of running, and end up suffering for 5 miles the next day. Right now I am running 20-30 miles per week, but I’m sure I will be running a lot more by the end of the training schedule. At least my runs have been getting a lot better. I can already tell I am getting better because of my times, and levels of energy. I just hope I can get good enough to be a strong competitor in Cross Country competitions. I have a goal, and hopefully I will be able to be focused and motivated enough to follow through with it. It’s pretty hard in the summer, when all you want to do is sleep in (though I have to say, that is pretty hard with waking up at 6 AM every morning for summers drivers ed.) But I think I will be able to do it. Hopefully I will be posting again soon on DXC or the California vacation+5k. We’ll just have to see how things go. Sadly I can’t say that with running. Rain or shine, the running goes on.  

Note: The picture at the top of the page is the logo of an awesome running company. Seriously awesome.

2 comments: