This has been a very interesting week. I now have two new books on my ever growing Shelfari "books I want to read" list. The Martian Chronicles and The Illustrated Man, two science fiction books by Ray Bradbury. I am so excited to start reading them, but I can't even seem to find the time to finish reading The Hunger Games. This week started out from day one with interesting events. Like Monday, for instance. How would you feel if you found out that some numbers weren't real? That's how my monday started. Algebra II. Imaginary numbers. On Tuesday, me and several friends from the neighborhood got together to play Robo Rally, which is a strategy board game. The idea is to get your robot to certain checkpoints in order to win the game. Each turn players put down programming cards in order to show where the robot should go, but the twist is that players' robots can push each other off the path, off an edge, or the wrong way. Not to mention course obstacles can move robots, and robots can be destroyed by enemy laser guns. We were playing with eight people and I was a robot called something like the Spin Bot. Anyway, early on people began reaching the checkpoint, but I had an idea. There are certain out of the way places that are upgrade squares. On these squares you get to draw a blue equipment upgrade card. So on the next turn, I programmed my robot to spin to that square, then stopped my programming, so that the robot wouldn't move. Within the next 6 turns, I became the strongest robot in the game because of my lucky equipment cards. While everyone went around to the checkpoints, I built up my weapon system. And now, when everyone got 1 shot to any one thing in their direct path, I could shoot through my entire path, through any walls in my path, and damage every robot in my path in a way of my choice. I got push them back a space, or pull them towards me one space, remote control them, fire at them twice, or a variety of other things. This was all well and good, but once people realized that I could potentially destroy their robot completely in a number of turns, they all gave up so I never got the opportunity. Nothing much happened that was very exciting after that until Friday, when I found out that I made the Science Olympiad varsity team! I am really excited to start training. On Saturday, I planned to do some homework and finish The Hunger Games, but I ended up doing yard work the entire day. So, as you can see, it has been an interesting week. I thought that maybe by the end of the first term, I would be more used to the rigorous homework schedule. But, since the term has started, things seem only more complex. But at least I have the release of the new Harry Potter movie to look forward to. I am so excited to see it. I am actually counting down to the minute. Once again, thanks to all of the people who have commented to my posts recently (like Adrian Plato and Mystique.) And the new poll is now up and running. And if you have any more suggestions on my blog, please comment those too.

That game sounds really fun! Good job on Olympiad!
ReplyDelete