
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Looking Forward
This week went by in a blur. I barely remember anything that happened, but I'll try to talk about some of it. The yearbook is done. We just finished it. I don't know if that is confidential, but I suppose I'll take the risk. We had 5 or so quizzes in Algebra II. The last one was really interesting, because we got to write our own questions and solve them. I thought that was pretty cool. I still have a ton to do in English, as I haven't started any of the honors english books. I'll have to get them on Monday. Nothing else exciting really happened, besides that we got better at the Optics Science Olympiad Laser Shoot. And lots of other Science Olympiad. Such as basically perfect, complicated, Write it Do it models, and work on the Junkyard Challenge catapults (though they don't seem to be going anywhere fast.) Oh, and I broke a tower (sadly.) Anyway, though nothing very exciting happened this week, there is so much to look forward to (in a way.) Next week might be the most stressful one of the entire year. Not only will I likely have a lot of homework (honors english reading, Algebra II CRTs, tons of scripture study, and PE extra credit, not to mention planting a garden, and picking Dyar's Woad for a few hours,) but I also have hours of piano practice, and the Science Olympiad National Tournament to prepare for (it is in 10 days!) So, basically things are going to go from crazy to completely insane. Oh, and my uncle and aunt are watching us, while my parents are in Italy (which is really cool.) Also, I set up Skype so we can talk while they are there. Sadly, there is an eight hour time difference, but that is alright. But nevertheless, next week is going to be insane! Even though I am really excited for the national tournament (though I don't even feel very close to prepared.) In Optics, we are getting close to being prepared for nationals, but I have a large note packet that I need to research and type up. But our laser shoot is really good (though not the best, I'm sure.) In Junkyard Challenge, we are really ready in about two events, sort of ready in two, and the other two we're just praying that they won't get picked. In Write it Do it, we are really prepared, and with a little more practice, I think that we could do well at nationals. In Bottle Rockets, we are not close to the top people (off by 5-10 seconds) and we are only meeting one more time, but we'll see how it goes. And in towers, after months of work, we are reverting back to my state design from March (for better or worse.) So, things are pretty crazy, and it's about to get a whole lot more that way.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can't believe nationals is in 10 days! Good luck with your designs!
ReplyDeleteThanks! We'll see how it goes . . .
ReplyDelete