Sunday, October 31, 2010
One Term Down, Three to Go
Term two. In some ways I am shocked that we have finished an entire term, but really it seems quite insignificant when you realize that this is just one of the four terms. Often the end of the term for me is a very nice thing, a fresh start on my grades, a nice chance to plan and improve, to reflect and remember. This term ending was like that in some ways, but in others it was not nearly as perfect. I believe I will be receiving a GPA of 3.9 or so this term. I was able to get all A's (and several were over 100%,) but nevertheless, I still got a B in Algebra II. I guess that I should be grateful, because I was able to get it from a C to a B in one week, but it doesn't stop me from being disappointed and discouraged. My school week went surprisingly smooth for the last week of a term, and felt just like any other week. On Friday, I spent the day at my grandparent's house, which was pretty fun. Then on Saturday, I slept in and read much of the day. When it was time for the trick or treating, I stayed home and passed out candy to all of the kids that came up to our house, and when I wasn't passing out candy, I was reading or thinking. We had about fifty or so people come up to our house for candy. It was good to see the various costumes, but really everything seemed to blend together, and all I can really seem to remember was looking out the window at the rain, the clouds, and the trees. If I had not been passing out candy, I would have been out there with a camera in hand, taking advantage of the amazing lighting, and the rain. But, I was passing out candy, so I took it in while I sat, and spent the time watching the drops of rain fall to the earth. The term has been pretty good with exception of my grade in Algebra II, and the sudden lack in time to read. Homework seems to be always there, and even when you finish that, there are long term projects. And when you do finish (these windows of completion usually last only a good afternoon,) there are so many other things to do. I am not particularly excited for the next term (I know that I have imaginary numbers waiting for me tomorrow in Algebra II,) but whether I like it or not, it is still happening. As the term is now changing, I am also trying to update my blog. I will be adding a new question for my poll (at the bottom of my blog) that I am hoping to get many answers for, and trying to add more exciting things to my blog. I added today, a page view counter, and a popular posts area below where the post usually is. Thanks for all of the comments on posts so far. I know I say this in pretty much every post, but it is really nice to see them. Just so that you know, the results of the poll (which book are you reading for Honors English?) had the results 66% The Chosen, and 33% The Yearling. Now that you are finishing this post (congratulations on making it this far,) please make a comment on something that I could improve in my blog. Please include with your suggestion an idea for what the new poll question should be. I am trying to make it better for all of the readers, therefore, I need the opinions of the readers. Anyway, in the words of Effie, from Suzanne Collin's The Hunger Games, "Happy second term, and may the odds be ever in your favor!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You need to pick more topics that are not about school and life and other things like that. It makes for a bit of a dull and monotonous blog. No offense, I really like your writing and such, but you need to choose some better topics.
ReplyDeleteBrad, you are contradicting yourself. I'd just like to point out that YOUR blog is all about politics, and I can hardly get through a post. Anyway the real reason I was going to post? I find the same things going on in my life, too much homework, and activities, not enough time to read, hopefully it will get better, but I still think the time to read, for me at least, will be very constricted.
ReplyDelete