
Sunday, March 13, 2011
Here Comes the Sun
Sometimes it seems like school is going so slow that time is practically ticking backwards, but when you think about it as a whole, and that we are now just a week from the beginning of fourth term, summer seems a whole lot closer. And it seems even more like summer with the great weather. I don't know how long it will last, but I think that it is great. Lots better than the snow and ice. This has been an interesting week. There has been some panic in Algebra II, since Mrs. Corry has been gone, and we are studying logarithms. Oh, and we had a test and a quiz. But I have been able to get in some reading since I have finally finished "A Tale of Two Cities." I finished "The Arctic Incident" early this week, and I am now about halfway through "The Eternity Code." The reading has been really nice, especially after reading page after page of a Dickens novel. Things seem like they are going well so far besides my grades. It seems like my grades are always just barely under an A right before the end of the term. But this seems to be happening in all of my grades. I have an A- in about half of my classes, so I am expecting this week to be quite a panic. Anyway, the class that I am most disappointed to be having an A- in is Biology. I have had an A just about all term. Before Friday I had a 96 or 97% in Biology, and there was only one more assignment to turn in. The term notebook. Yeah, the notebook is worth a lot of points, but I was totally prepared, and had everything ready to go in it. I was making sure Mrs. Cobia would have no reason to mark me down. On the day that the notebook was due, I only had one thing left to do. Put my papers into the binder itself. However, when we arrived, she said we only had a minute or so to have it turned in or we would get a 0. I hurried quick, but I didn't have time to hole punch the pages. Luckily, I knew the binder part of the 126 points was only worth 15. The only problem was, one I got back the pages, which were hastily pushed into the binder, I saw that she had given my a 50/126, which dropped my grade to a 90% and an A-. I will have to talk to here about that. In addition to all of the last minute grade cleanup, I also have the Science Olympiad State Tournament to prepare for. It is coming up in a couple of weeks. I am ready in some events, but in some, I am still far from. But at least the nice weather will be good for the rockets. And it is sort of motivating to know that summer is coming up so soon. Just one more term to go, and next week . . .

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment