Sunday, October 17, 2010

Dragons and Unicorns

UEA was a much needed break. After nearly a term of school, I am feeling again the lack of invaluable sleep, and the homework piled up that seems to keep coming no matter how hard you work. This year of school seems to be going relatively well, and it appears that I will receive an A grade in all of my classes with the possible exception of Algebra II, which may even be a B. I feel like I am working hard, and studying my guts out, but I am still not getting an A. That is really frustrating, but complaining about it isn't really going to help anything. I had a good time over the break, even though much of it was spent with school projects and other things. Some of the funnest things that I did over the break were having over some of our friends, sleeping in, reading at the park, and watching two movies that I have been wanting to see for a while. To go into more detail, I got in a lot of reading, including rereading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins at a local park. It was a really nice day outside, and my reading seemed exceptionally nice in the nice weather. And the two movies that I watched were Despicable Me and How to Train Your Dragon. Despicable Me was a creative and interesting movie that I enjoyed a lot. I think that my favorite parts of the movie were the little yellow minions, and the little girl who was obsessed with unicorns. It was a funny and interesting, with lots of detail given to individual lines. How to Train Your Dragon was also a big hit with me. It was a mix of several of my favorite aspects in movies. Fantasy, dragons, and computer animation. It was an amazing and visually exciting movie filled with action and excitement. Some of my favorite parts were the battle scene at the beginning, and the dragon training. It was a great storyline and was presented so well. I think that either the Disney computer animation movies are dramatically increasing in quality, or I am just picking exceptional movies. Some of the other movies that I am excited to see are Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and Artemis Fowl (I don't know if this one is on track or not, but I read that they were making it into a movie, and it would be made by Disney and some other film producing companies.) I am also excited to see the new Narnia movie (The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.) I think it is coming out in December or sometime around there. I saw a preview for it at Despicable Me. Usually I do not place much value on theatrical trailers, but this one looks like it is going to be really good. I liked the previous movies and books, and I am really excited for this one. Anyway, overall it has been a great break (that I wish went for another week or two.) I still haven't read Mockingjay yet, but am pretty confident that it will be this week. I hope I will find the time between a term test in Algebra II, and all of the other end of term tests and projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment