
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Meditelecogniviviating
This week has been relatively uneventful for me. Some of you may have noticed the new change in my blog (the large picture at the top of the blog page.) This picture will be different depending on what my current post is. Once I make a new post, I will change the large picture and place the old picture in the post it was related too. A few exciting things happened during this week, including getting a 90% on my Algebra II test. That was nice. Also, yesterday my grandparents came over for my little sister's birthday. Also, I was able to finish reading The Hunger Games (finally.) One of the things that has been exciting me most lately has been Science Olympiad. It was only a week ago that I found out I had made the team, and already I am eager to being training for my events. I am looking forward to finding out what my events will be this year. The event that I want to do most is Towers. The National Science Olympiad board just recently released the events on their website (or I just haven't been able to find them.) Basically, the idea of the Towers event is to build a tower out of wood and glue that is 50 or so centimeters tall and has a base of at least 20x20 centimeters. The scoring of the event is the amount of weight it can hold (up to 15 kg) squared / The amount it weighs in grams. I think that this would be really cool because I did a similar event last year and I really enjoyed it. If you are interested in finding out more information on this event, here is the website: http://soinc.org/towers_b. The other events that I am interested in are Storm the Castle, Write it Do it, Bottle Rocket, Battery Buggy, and a few others. I am really excited to start working on the events that I get. I have been wanting to get to work on my Honors English projects (like entering the writing contests.) I have read samples and brainstormed, but I am still working on a good idea for some writing that I will enter. Also, I still haven't begun reading Catching Fire, and I wanting to finish it so that I can read Mockingjay and the Ray Bradbury books. I think that I am partly waiting to start my short story because I am waiting to read one of the Ray Bradbury books, The Illustrated Man, which is a collection of short stories. I am also thinking of adding a quote of the week section to my blog. One of the other really cool things that I did this week was the Neologolusion assignment for english class. I thought it was a fun assignment to be able to make up new words. My favorite word I made up was Meditelecogniviviate. Metitelecogniviation is the art of daydreaming, or mentally abandoning the current task to think completely unrelated thoughts. Well, thanks again to all people who are commenting and reading my blog. I think that now I will get back to my meditelecogniviviating.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment