Sunday, November 28, 2010

Mockingjay and Other Things

This week was really great. As many of you have probably guessed based on the title of this post, I finally finished reading Mockingjay this week. I had heard many different opinions of Mockingjay. Some said that it was excellent, and some just didn’t like it. I personally thought that Mockingjay was exceptional, and measured up to all of my expectations based on the other books. I would be more specific on what I liked, but I don’t want to give anything away. But I did like it. In addition to finishing Mockingjay, I did plenty of other fun things during this week. On Thanksgiving, we went to meet with my relatives, and we ate dinner together, talked, and put together packages of things like soap and towels to send to people. On Friday, we went with our cousins to see a movie and eat. We ate at the California Pizza Kitchen in Salt Lake, and it was really good because we had two different kinds of pizza. One was a pear pizza (that might sound gross, but it was actually really good,) and the other was a really spicy pizza that I liked a lot. Yesterday I read some of my Honors English book, The Martian Chronicles, by Ray Bradbury. It was alright, it isn’t too exciting yet, but I like parts of it and have high hopes for the rest of the book. Thanks to all of you have joined the unofficial writing group. I think that it will be really helpful with the upcoming writing contests. I am still trying to think up an idea for the short story contest, and I hope that reading the short story book by Ray Bradbury will give me some ideas. I also am trying to think of something to write about for the letters contest, which has to be turned in in a week or two. Things went pretty good this week, with exception of the homework that was given over the break, several hours of it. Mostly it was Algebra II homework (three worksheets front and back,) but I had some in a few other classes too. And I still feel like I have a lot of things to look forward too. Like Christmas break, and starting on a new series once I finish the Ray Bradbury books. The snow has been an interesting change (not that I like it,) and I think that the snow isn’t all that bad, as long as it isn’t cold outside, and none of it lands on our driveway (which is just about never.) Sometimes I wish it could just be summer all year round. In addition to getting a lot of reading done during the break, I also did a lot with the computer. I finally figured out how to get the Bluetooth to work on the computer and sent a bunch of files to myself wirelessly. I also made a short movie using iMovie. Overall, it was a really good break. 


No comments:

Post a Comment