Sunday, December 26, 2010

It's Christmas Time

Alright, right off, I will explain why I did not have a blog post for last week. This blog post will summarize both weeks. Last Saturday I had the worst sleep of my life. I just didn't sleep all night. I watched the clock tick by every minute, and watched the hours slowly turn by. It was awful, but I didn't realize how sick I actually was until the morning came around. I had a cough, sore throat, nausea, large fever, and more. It was awful in the morning, and mainly the nausea was bad because I couldn't even stand up to shower without worrying if I could faint. And even worse than that, I was working to convince my dad that I was actually sick because he thought that it was just stress. Well, I really convinced him on Sunday night when we took my temperature and found that I had a fever with 102.5 Degrees. That is really bad. I took some Advil on Sunday night, and was able to feel better and sleep the night. The next day I was sick again, but my fever had come down to a little less than 102, which was a big improvement. On Tuesday, I wasn't sleeping well again, and I was about the same temperature, but a little bit less. On Wednesday, I wasn't feeling well, and so we went to the doctor to see if what I had was Strep Throat, which is really bad, but would be good if I had it because there is an antibiotic that can make you so that you are not contagious within twenty four hours from when you take it. We went to the doctor office and found that I had Strep, and a cold on top of that. So we went and got the antibiotic, and after taking it, I felt a lot better so that on Thursday, thought I had to take the antibiotic twice a day, I was feeling basically back to my normal self. Well, now I will skip up to Christmas Eve because nothing very exciting happened before that. On Christmas Eve we went up to a friend of my parents' to eat brunch with some other families. Then we went home and cleaned and made Christmas cards until around seven o'clock. Then we ate dinner which was a special meal of Zuppa Tosana ,a soup, and Bruschette, which is like bread with mayonnaise, cheese, and more on it, then it is cooked and topped with diced tomatoes and onions and other things. It was really good. Then we listened to my sisters play some music, the nativity story, and Twas' the Night Before Christmas, then we all went off to bed. On Christmas day my sisters went to wake me up at eight o'clock, and although I did not want to get up, my mom said they could all go upstairs, so I had to go up with them. On Christmas morning, I got a software that helps you to learn a language, and the language was mandarin Chinese. I was very excited about that. My sisters got babies, a camera, and an iPod. I got some stuff from my sisters and parents including some Wii games, a movie, and two books and how to do well on the SAT and ACT. I also got the board game Robo Rally which I mentioned in my earlier post. I am very excited to try it out. After we exchanged our gifts, our grandparents on my dad's side and my uncle came up and we ate brunch with casserole, orange juice, monkey bread, and fruit. Then they gave my sisters these little hamsters, and me and my oldest sister Dance Dance Revolution for the Wii. After that we went and played it for a while, and my sister was really obsessed with it, and played almost every round.Then we went up to my other grandparents' house and ate sandwiches, jello, and chips and we all talked. That was really fun because I got to see my cousins who are really cool. That was pretty much how my Christmas went. I am really happy that next week will be a break, so that I have some more time to procrastinate before school starts again. My grades are not too bad, although I have done a lot of extra credit work over the break, including watching Jason and the Argonauts for English. It was made in 1963, so the effects look really ancient. But on the box it says it has amazing special effects, so they must have been good for their age. The monsters were all made with clay animation, so we got to watch the metal statue, furious birds, and armies of skeletons running around with clay animation. It was actually kind of entertaining. I also finished reading The Martian Chronicle, and The Illustrated Man. The Martian Chronicles was interesting, but I thought it was a good science fiction story. I thought that The Illustrated Man was very entertaining. It is a collection of science fictional short stories. My favorite stories were The Fox in the Forest (or something like that,) The Great Rain, and a few other ones. The Fox in the Forest was the story of a couple who escape the future in a time machine and are being chased through the past by "searchers" from the future. The Great Rain is about some men searching desperately on the ever raining planet Venus in the future. I thought that both of the stories were very enjoyable. Some of my other favorites were probably The Veldt and The Concrete Mixer, although I thought that they all of the stories were pretty good. Well, if you have come this far, you have probably noticed it is more than 500 words. Actually it is more than 1000. Hopefully it will count for both of my blog posts. Well, I hope that everyone reading this had a great holiday season. Merry Christmas!


gdf.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment