Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Years and the End of a Break

I can't believe that tomorrow will be another day back in a desk, with a whole new pile of homework, and so many more hours of lack of sleep. I really think I could get used to not having school, but really I know it is unrealistic so I don't dwell on it very much. Anyway, this week was very similar every day.I would wake up late in the day, then either go work on teaching myself mandarin Chinese with the software I received, get some of my sisters to go play the new Wii games with me, or plan for when school would start. I have to admit that my schedule was very repetitive, but I enjoyed it all the same. But some days were different and a lot of fun. On Monday night we went up to my grandparents' house on my Mom's side and ate dinner, which was enchiladas, nachos, and salad. But the funnest thing is that I brought up the new board game that I got, which is called Robo Rally, and me, my sister, my Mom, my Dad, and my grandparents all played. I was the rolling bot. I started out pretty badly, but as the game progressed, I started doing pretty well, but we didn't have time to finish and we declared my Mom the winner because she had reached the first checkpoint and was closest to the second one. It was a pretty fun game with the six of us. On New Years Eve, me, my sister, and my Mom all ate crackers and dip, then watched the new Shrek movie, which we never really got around to doing before. I went and laid in my bed until midnight, and then just went to bed. I thought that the movie was pretty good. It was really complicated, I guess, because my younger relatives didn't really get the storyline at all. I thought it was very interesting. Well, on New Years day, me and my family went to lunch with my cousins from South Dakota and my grandparents on my Dad's side. It was fun to see them again, and the food was really good. Today I answered the Falcon Forum question about New Year Resolutions. I have been thinking on this concept a lot lately, since I have been thinking what to try and do this year. I think that my main goal will be to write every day in my journal. I have several other goals, which I have listed on the forum. Usually my resolutions work for about a week, but we'll see how things go this year. I am really anxious/ excited/ nervous to see how things will work about my grades this term. I really need to get a 4.0 this next term because I checked, and if I get all 4.0s during the rest of high school, I will get an average of 3.9902 or something like that, so if I get anything less than an A, I will lose my 3.99, which probably won't seem too bad, and will at least give me a competitive standing for college entry. I am not too worried about getting a 4.0 this term except for in Algebra II, Biology, and English. My lowest grade currently is a B+, but I need to get it up to an A quick. I hope that I will be able to get my grades up, and follow through with at least some of my resolutions. I guess I'll find out soon.


dsf.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment