
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Easter
This was a pretty great week. Plenty of awesomeness, not to mention Science Olympiad. Well, this school week was kind of panicky, because I thought Friday was midterm, but it got changed to next week. Luckily. About half of my grades, and the other half is low, mainly because of assignments that I finished and haven't been put in, or Mrs. Cobia putting in a missing test on everybody's grades. The only major disappointment was my drop in Algebra 2 grade. Not a big one, just a few percent, but since practically no assignments are in, the test dropped me a bit, but that is alright. On Monday, we got a bit further with Optics, which was really good. On Wednesday, we had Junkyard Challenge, where we built a very nice tower (not going to be specific on height, though.) And it all had to be made of "junk" like plates, cups, string, toothpicks, straws, popsicle sticks, tape, paper, etc. However, my Write it Do it practice was canceled, because my parter had to go somewhere. That was really disappointing, because I think that we need some more practice. I also played frisbee golf with my teacher's quorum. I did pretty bad, though, (one under par) and I even had to get my frisbee out of a garbage dumpster. We had plenty of random rules, like penalties for hitting other cars, or having to kneel down on your throw if your frisbee landed in the road or cement. Sounds dangerous, but it was pretty fun. On Thursday, after a few hours of practicing and homework (mainly composed of Algebra 2 work, which I actually kind of enjoyed,) I went and watched some of the neighborhood kids for a few hours. It was pretty fun, and they did everything they were supposed too. We even had time to play a short board game of Lego racing, and a bit of Mouse Trap, though they are kind of hard set up games, and we had to bend the rules plenty just to try and play any of them. On Friday, I spent the whole afternoon (after mowing the lawn) building bottle rockets. The rocket I built was a pretty tricky design made of multiple mediums. On Saturday morning, we tested our rockets. They brought a glider and a super roc, and I brought my anti G-force rocket. All 3 ended up failing. Our best time was around 5 seconds. And the "anti G-force rocket" was pretty much torn apart. Later that day, I went up to my Grandpa's house, and we worked on Towers. Our last great design was pretty much shot down, but now we have an even better one, which I am really excited about. It should be pretty simple, and a lot better, which is nice. Today is Easter, and I got a sweet frisbee, a new movie, and a ton of candy, so that was really nice. And Science Olympiad is going well. No homework, sleeping in. Sounds great until Monday. Wow. Less than 24 hours. Well, happy Easter, nevertheless.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment